Re: GRDDL and HTML5

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 16:09:27 +0200
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "Harry Halpin" <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>, "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>, "Booth, David (HP Software - Boston)" <dbooth@hp.com>, "public-grddl-comments@w3.org" <public-grddl-comments@w3.org>

2008/8/25 Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>:

> Nobody owns the namespace; you can invent your own value, and then
> register it on the wiki:
>
>   http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/RelExtensions

Not sure that's the ideal place, but works for me in principal.

> As Harry said, many people don't declare their profiles. So it shouldn't
> be needed.

My name is http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/RelExtensions#Danny. I tell you
I disagree.

 The only case where something might be needed is where you want
> an explicit link to a GRDDL transform, just like one might link to a CSS
> sheet.

Fine analogy. Slip data sharing into the same place..?

But this isn't a profile="" or rel=profile in the traditional
> sense, and a custom value for GRDDL would be more appropriate.

How so?

Cheers,
Danny.

--