comment on xslt_literal_result test

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 14:35:02 +0000
To: public-grddl-comments@w3.org

Concerning
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/litres.xml
with mimetype application/xml

I think the GRDDL WG should duck this one. It is not a GRDDL document,
and so the WG does not need to decide on it. Any particular behaviour
for GRDDL clients, fixed by WG decision, concerning an ill-conceived
document, puts a burden on implementers. I would find it acceptable to
simply label this as an error test case, i.e. a test:NegativeParserTest.
For instance, my implementation is likely to try and read it as RDF/XML
and will both report errors, and give some triples. However, it doesn't
seem unreasonable to apply XSLT and then read it as RDF/XML, but that
isn't GRDDL - GRDDL isn't triggered by xsl:version, it is triggered by
dataview:transformation ...

(The loop example though is a good test!)

Jeremy