Comment on test area manifest

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 14:26:49 +0000
To: public-grddl-comments@w3.org

Hi Dan

do you prefer a drip feed of comments, or one longer message when I am done?
I have a slight preference for highlighting issues as I come up with them.
I believe you have a preference for one issue per message, which I'll
try to follow unless you indicate otherwise.

So, I am a developer trying to implement your spec.
Being older, and perhaps wiser, than I once was, my code currently looks
like:
	public void read(Model model, String url) {
		// TODO Auto-generated method stub
	}

and I am working on the test suite for the code.

After having looked at the test area:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/testlist1
I finally notice that you do support the RDF Core WG Test Schema (good),
but I need a working GRDDL reader to read it (bad).

My suggestion is:

- at some point before last call, take a snapshot of testlist1, say
old-testlist1.html and its corresponding rdf old-testlist1-output.rdf,
and store those, and put them as the first test, with a note that for
developers who want to use the RDF Core WG test case schema, they should
first get their code to pass the first test, and then they can read the
test suite with GRDDL to get the manifest for the other tests.

As is, I have copied the details from the HTML page into my Java code,
and haven't been able to use the test manifest because I don't have
working code.

Jeremy