Re: specifying GRDDL transformation for document with no transformation attribute?

I like the idea of being able to specify in a document a GRDDL for
another document / set of document without changing them or their schema.
Should this be done by including the other document? Could this be done
by referencing it from an external profile?
something like adding an "about" in the profile:

  <head profile="http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view">
    <title>Yahoo external profile</title>
    <link rel="transformation"
href="http://www.w3.org/2003/g/glean-profile" />