Re: Towards a stable proposal for Vocab conformance in BP doc

Hi Ghislain,

This is almost right in my view but I don't think it's right to talk
about mandatory terms. That's the job of an application profile. So, I
suggest the following:

A data interchange, however that interchange occurs, is conformant with
a vocabulary if:

- it is within the scope and objectives of the vocabulary;

- all classes and properties defined in the vocabulary are used in a way
consistent with the semantics declared in its specification;

- it does not use terms from other vocabularies instead of ones defined
in the vocabulary that could reasonably be used.

A conforming data interchange:

- may include terms from other vocabularies;
- may use a non-empty subset of terms from the vocabulary.

A vocabulary profile is a specification that adds additional constraints
to it. Such additional constraints in a profile may include:

- a minimum set of terms that must be used;
- classes and properties not covered in the vocabulary;
- controlled vocabularies or URI sets as acceptable values for properties.

This is, I think consistent with all the vocabs we have although they
may add other constraints as well. But as a general abstraction, I hope
this is OK?

Phil.

--

Phil Archer