RE: NASA seminar/meeting

From: Steeman, Gerald A (LARC-B7) <gerald.steeman@nasa.gov>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 11:28:01 -0500
To: Benedikt Kämpgen <kaempgen@fzi.de>
CC: "public-gld-wg@w3.org" <public-gld-wg@w3.org>
Benedikt,

Here is the information about the CENDI group (below) and meeting (attached).

CENDI

The scientific and technical information (STI) managers have responsibility for STI at agencies representing over 97% of the federal research and development (R&D) budget. STI is an integral part of the R&D process and a necessary raw material for all science and technology programs. The effective management and use of STI is vital in advancing the state of knowledge and in technical problem solving. A better understanding of this role along with better cooperation between science and technology management and STI management can increase the effectiveness of the process.

CENDI has three major goals:

.Coordination and Leadership: Provide coordination and leadership for information exchange on important STI policy issues.

. STI Life Cycle Management: Promote the development of improved STI systems through the productive interrelationship of content and technology.

.Education: Promote an understanding of STI and STI management and their value to the R&D enterprise.

http://www.cendi.gov/

I can send WebEx and telecom via individual email accounts to all interested.

Regards,

Gerald

G e r a l d   S t e e m a n
Scientific and Technical Information Program Office
National Aeronautics and Space Administration
M/S 157A  - Building 1194 - Room 106A
2 W. Durand Street
Hampton, VA 23681

757-604-7666 Cell