Re: dataset and Dataset

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 17:37:51 +0100
Cc: "'Bill Roberts'" <bill@swirrl.com>, <public-gld-comments@w3.org>
To: Makx Dekkers <mail@makxdekkers.com>
Makx,

On 5 Apr 2013, at 11:48, Makx Dekkers <mail@makxdekkers.com> wrote:
> Id like to point to a decision taken by the Dublin Core Metadata Initiative and documented at http://dublincore..org/documents/naming-policy/ :
>
> No DCMI Term Names will be assigned that differ from other Names only in regard to case.

AFAIK, DCMI namespaces contain *either* classes *or* properties but not both. So the policy seems to address a case that will never occur anyway. DCAT has a single namespace that contains both classes and properties, so the concerns are different.

> Can you refer to cases where vocabularies use the same name for a class and a property with only difference in case?

Among those I've worked with, SWRC, Bio and MO all do it. I'm sure there's others.

> I looked at other vocabularies (FOAF, VOID, SKOS,  GoodRelations, DOAP, MO, RDFS) and none of them seem to do this.

You didn't look very carefully, Makx! MO has mo:Track and mo:track, mo:Record and mo:record.

Best,
Richard