Re: dataset and Dataset

*If* the WG decides to make this change, i.e. replace dcat:distribution
with dcat:hasDistribution etc. then, after introducing
dcat:hasDistribution, we have a choice:

1. delete dcat:distribution;
2. retain but deprecate dcat:distribution.

Arguments in favour of 1:
- it removes the danger of confusion;
- it reduces the chance of dcat:distribution still being is use in 5
years' time.

Arguments in favour of 2:
- existing implementations that use dcat:distribution will be unaffected;
- we would avoid having to go through another round of last call.

Here's the rule book on Last Call [1]

"Ideally, after a Last Call announcement, a Working Group receives only
indications of support for the document, with no proposals for
substantive change. In practice, Last Call announcements generate
comments that sometimes result in substantive changes to a document. A
Working Group SHOULD NOT assume that it has finished its work by virtue
of issuing a Last Call announcement."

In other words, if LC comments lead to changes that would cause an
existing implementation to break, you need to do another LC cycle. You
do that until the only comments received make no substantive change.
*Then* you can go to CR - at which point it's about implementations,
experience of which will either confirm the spec is fit for purpose and
'works' or... send it back to Last Call.

HTH

Phil.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr#last-call

--