Re: Comments on WD-vocab-org-20121023

From: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 10:29:30 +0100
To: Bill Roberts <bill@swirrl.com>
CC: "public-gld-comments@w3.org" <public-gld-comments@w3.org>
Thanks Bill,

On the address issue - the range of siteAddress has been removed so that
use of VCard is no longer mandatory. See [1]. An important driver for
this is interop with INSPIRE where house numbers/names and units within
them, e.g. Flat 3, 15 Acacia Avenue, would be recorded in three fields
[Flat 3] [15] [Acacia Avenue] which is at least one more field than
VCard would use.

Phil.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/ORG_LC_comments#Align_treatment_of_registered_addresses_with_RegOrg_.5BDone.5D