dataset and Dataset

From: Alasdair J G Gray <Alasdair.Gray@manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 10:17:39 +0100
To: public-gld-comments@w3.org
Hi

Here are some issues that I would like to see cleaned up before DCAT is finalised.

I find the use of the same terms in both upper and lower case troubling. For example, dcat:Dataset for the class of dataset and dcat:dataset to denote that a catalog contains a record about a specific dataset. This will easily cause confusion for novice users and is prone to errors of mistyping. It would seem prudent to change dcat:dataset to something like dcat:hasDataset to capture the notion that the Catalog has a record about a Dataset.

The same applies for dcat:Distribution and dcat:distribution.

Alasdair

Dr Alasdair J G Gray
Research Associate
Alasdair.Gray@manchester.ac.uk