RE: dataset and Dataset

From: Makx Dekkers <mail@makxdekkers.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 20:25:17 +0200
To: "'Richard Cyganiak'" <richard@cyganiak.de>
Cc: "'Bill Roberts'" <bill@swirrl.com>, <public-gld-comments@w3.org>
> AFAIK, DCMI namespaces contain *either* classes *or* properties but
> not both. So the policy seems to address a case that will never occur
> anyway. DCAT has a single namespace that contains both classes and
> properties, so the concerns are different.

No, the concern was the same. For example, the class that is the range
of dcterms:language could have been called dcterms:Language, but it is
dcterms:LinguisticSystem precisely to avoid that confusion.

> > Can you refer to cases where vocabularies use the same name for a
> class and a property with only difference in case?
>
> Among those I've worked with, SWRC, Bio and MO all do it. I'm sure
> there's others.
>
> > I looked at other vocabularies (FOAF, VOID, SKOS,  GoodRelations,
> DOAP, MO, RDFS) and none of them seem to do this.
>
> You didn't look very carefully, Makx! MO has mo:Track and mo:track,
> mo:Record and mo:record.

OK, OK, I did say I didn't do a deep investigation ;-) but you are
right, I stand corrected.

Makx.