Re: MOSQUITO project to contribute to HTML5 tests

From: Steve Block <steveblock@google.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 12:04:54 +0000
To: "Clari, Fabrice" <f.clari@inno-group.com>
Cc: public-geolocation@w3.org
Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for your email. You're right that currently there are no tests
for DeviceOrientation.

It's tricky to reliably test a sensor-based API like this using
automated tests because you can't make guarantees about the accuracy
of a given implementation. Our current approach is to provide a simple
test application which would be used to test the API manually [1].

I'd certainly be interested to see the tests that you would propose
for DeviceOrientation. Did you have a strategy in mind at this point?

Thanks,
Steve

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/geolocation/track/actions/97

--
Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9TQ