Re: Proximity alarm interface

Le mercredi 29 juin 2011 à 11:45 +0100, Andrei Popescu a écrit :
> Not sure I fully understand this: how would the UA know it got close
> to the relevant location solely by looking at WiFi and CellIDs?
>
> Wouldn't it have to use the network to get a lat/long back?

Presumably "only" when CellID detection change; more specifically, an
optimization could be that having determined that the user is in a given
cell (far from the destination), there is no point in checking again
until the user gets into a new cell (even if there are e.g. multiple
Wifi networks change along the way).

Since cells can get get pretty large, this can be a significant
battery/network optimization.

Dom