From: Doug Turner [mailto:doug.turner@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, 14 November 2008 9:17 AM
To: Thomson, Martin
Cc: Andrei Popescu; Richard Barnes; public-geolocation
Subject: Re: Forward/backward compatibility

HI Martin,

Why can't fixed devices convert their civic address to lat/lon?

Regards,

Doug

On Nov 13, 2008, at 2:08 PM, Thomson, Martin wrote:

I am of the opinion that the current approach is likely to have the opposite effect to what is intended - that is, it will reinforce the fragmentation of the "mobile" and "fixed" webs simply because mobile devices will have geodetic, fixed devices will not.

this email is prohibited.
[mf2]