Privacy in the Geolocation Spec

From: Alec Berntson <alecb@windows.microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 14:37:43 -0700
To: "public-geolocation@w3c.org" <public-geolocation@w3c.org>, Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>
I'd like to see some requirements around privacy. I agree that the W3C spec should not define the UI constraints for privacy, however I think the following guidelines should be present

*         The Geolocation API must not allow an application access to location data without user permission

*         The Geolocation API must allow the user to disable access to location data at any point