Re: skeleton Geolocation API

From: Aaron Boodman <aa@google.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 20:05:25 -0700
To: "Andrei Popescu" <andreip@google.com>
Cc: "public-geolocation@w3c.org" <public-geolocation@w3c.org>

Hey Andrei,

Nice to see the first cut of this...

The draft says that in case of a fatal error, watch should stop firing
callbacks. In case of a temporary error, it should continue. It's not
clear what "stop" means. Do I still have to call clearWatch()? I think
the behavior should be the same no matter what kind of error. Since
there can be temporary errors, I think it makes sense that callbacks
continue. Of course, it's up to the implementation to determine at
what rate, so it could be that they stop for all intents and purposes.
But it's still on the developer to clearWatch() eventually.

- a