Geolocation API

From: Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 21:20:10 +0100
To: public-geolocation@w3.org
Cc: public-webapi@w3.org

Hello,

I am interested in working on a specification of a DOM API that allows
Web pages to access the user's geolocation information (e.g. latitude
and longitude). Accessing this information would naturally require the
user's consent.

At this moment I would like to collect use cases and requirements from
anyone interested in such an API. I have already checked in at
dev.w3.org a skeleton document and I intend to fill it in during the
next few days based on the feedback I receive to this email. Please
note that the skeleton I checked in already has a couple of ideas
about use cases and requirements. I would be very grateful if you
could take a look at http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/spec-source.html and
let me know what you think.

Many thanks,
Andrei