Re: Remarks on GeoLocation Spec

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 6:22 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 03:06:27 +0200, Doug Turner <doug.turner@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Keeping it milliseconds matches the timestamp of the mouse event:
>>
>> timeStamp of type DOMTimeStamp, readonly
>>     Used to specify the time (in milliseconds relative to the epoch) at
>> which the event was created. Due to the fact that some systems may not
>> provide this information the value of timeStamp may be not available for all
>> events. When not available, a value of 0 will be returned. Examples of epoch
>> time are the time of the system start or 0:0:0 UTC 1st January 1970.
>>
>> I think we should be consistent here.
>
> That's fine, but that would still require changing the specification as it
> doesn't use DOMTimeStamp currently.

I agree, thanks for pointing this out. I've updated the spec to use
DOMTimeStamp (and also fixed a few typos at the same time).

Also, please note that xs:dateTime is not really relevant here since
it is an XML Schema data type. About the DOMTimeStamp type, the DOM 3
Core spec [1] says :

"For ECMAScript, DOMTimeStamp  is bound to the Date type"

I think the Date type is sophisticated enough for our purposes?

Thanks,
Andrei

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Core/core.html#Core-DOMTimeStamp