Re: skeleton Geolocation API

Hi Erik,

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 11:08 PM, Erik Wilde <dret@berkeley.edu> wrote:

> if there is (sufficient) consensus that locations are only spatial and
> that this is how locations are defined, then this is how it's going to be.

I  think at this stage we have sufficient consensus about this, so I
would therefore propose that, for version 1 of the Geolocation API
specification, we define location in terms of spatial coordinates.
Also note that geo URIs [1] can be trivially built from a Position
object. Defining position in other ways, including defining other type
of URI schemes (e.g. as proposed in [2]) should be out of scope for
this specification.

Many thanks,
Andrei

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-mayrhofer-geopriv-geo-uri-00.txt