Re: [compositing-1] please move non-separable effects to Level 2

On 18 Apr 2014, at 4:23 pm, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com> wrote:
>
> On 18 Apr 2014, at 3:47 pm, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
>
>> Is that the point of this thread?
>
> I think the point of this thread is was my request to defer particular blend modes to level 2.
>
> Is there anyone objecting to this?
>
> I object on the grounds that the justifications presented so far seem inadequate to me.

So you’re objecting to a subset of features being removed that you haven’t shipped, have not announced any plans to support, and where the company who are the main driving force behind the specification, with years of experience in this area and lots of user feedback, have just revealed are not even popular (and not supported through their entire product line)?

I wonder why standards take so long? I think that last point alone is enough justification.

Can you explain what use cases you need them for?

Dean