Re: [compositing-1] please move non-separable effects to Level 2

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 12:55 PM, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com> wrote:

> So you’re objecting to a subset of features being removed that you haven’t
> shipped, have not announced any plans to support,

The full set of operators is implemented in Gecko and I don't see any
barriers to enabling them in release builds. We don't have compositor
support, which means some use-cases would be slow, but I think most
use-cases won't be affected by that and everything should work.

and where the company who are the main driving force behind the
> specification, with years of experience in this area and lots of user
> feedback, have just revealed are not even popular (and not supported
> through their entire product line)?
>
> I wonder why standards take so long? I think that last point alone is
> enough justification.
>
> Can you explain what use cases you need them for?

I can't answer that because I'm not familiar enough with the uses of
mix-blend-mode on the design side, so I'll defer that question to Rik. I
agree that any modes that don't have use-cases should be removed from the
spec (and not added in any future level).

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w