From: Kristopher Giesing <kris.giesing@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Subject: Re: [web-animations] Naming of timing groups in the API
To: Brian Birtles <bbirtles@mozilla.com>

Hm. "Sync" doesn't really suggest parallelism to me; in fact, it suggests
the opposite, in the sense that synchronous APIs generally execute
sequentially when called, while async APIs generally execute in parallel.
 But I don't particularly like the obvious counter suggestion of
"AsyncGroup" because all animations are in a sense asynchronous (to the
caller, if not necessarily each other).

The best word I can come up with (other than "parallel") is "concurrent",
but that's even longer.  "Tandem" (in the sense of "working together") is
attractive to me but in some idiomatic uses it means the opposite of what
we want ("ordered front to back").

It's a puzzler.

I understand the desire for brevity, but in this case, I'd vote for
clarity.  People who want brevity can always create their own abbreviations
pretty trivially. I also wonder in practice how often this will be typed
out, rather than copied (for SVG) or wrapped (in code).

Best regards,

- Kris