[compositing] linear-dodge (add) blend mode?

From: Marco Aurélio <thecoreh@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 13:59:41 -0300
To: public-fx@w3.org
Hi,

I'm really excited about the Compositing and Blending spec, as this
feature is something I've wanted in CSS for a very long time. Reading
it, however, I noticed that a very common blend mode ("linear dodge",
also known simply as "add") is missing. Even though the already
included "screen" blend mode produces similar results visually, there
are some interesting visual effects which are only possible or look
better with the "add" blend mode.

Is the "linear dodge"/"add" blend mode not present in the spec for
some technical reason or specific design decision? If not, I would
like to propose, as a suggestion, that it be included on the spec. I'm
not at all familiar with the W3 specification process, so I'm not sure
if this mailing list is the right place to propose a suggestion. If
it's not the right place, how should I proceed?

Thanks,
-- Marco Aurélio