[css3-transforms] Testing as stand-alone SVGs.

From: Tavmjong Bah <tavmjong@free.fr>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 17:09:39 +0200
To: public-fx@w3.org
Cc: "Linss, Peter" <peter.linss@hp.com>

Hi,

	I see that a lot of work has gone into creating CSS3 Transforms tests
which include SVG embedded in either HTML or XHTML.[1] What is missing
is the ability to test standalone SVG. I have written a short script
which converts the HTML/XHTML based test into standalone SVG tests using
the template that the SVG group has approved.[2] I've uploaded an
example of a converted file to the SVG WG Mercurial site.[3]

	How can these files be included in the test framework that is accessed
from the Editor's draft? Two things would be desirable:

1. To be able to tag a browser as passing/failing for a stand-alone SVG
in the same way that is done with the HTML/XHTML versions.

2. The ability to include results from non-browsers. This is important
for SVG. Four out of the eight SVG renderers used for the SVG 1.1 second
edition Implementation Report are not web browsers.[4]

	It appears that the SVG specific tests don't actually test the use of
CSS but include the transforms as presentation attributes. Is there a
plan to include testing as CSS styling properties?

						Tav

[1]http://test.csswg.org/suites/css3-transforms/nightly-unstable/html/reftest/
[2]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/SVG2/Testing_Requirements
[3]https://svgwg.org/hg/svg2-tests/file/c5a34c41f233/contributors/tavmjong/incoming/svg-matrix-001.svg