Re: [css3-transforms] Testing as stand-alone SVGs.

Hi Tav,

On May 10, 2012, at 5:10 PM, "Tavmjong Bah" <tavmjong@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I see that a lot of work has gone into creating CSS3 Transforms tests
> which include SVG embedded in either HTML or XHTML.[1] What is missing
> is the ability to test standalone SVG. I have written a short script
> which converts the HTML/XHTML based test into standalone SVG tests using
> the template that the SVG group has approved.[2] I've uploaded an
> example of a converted file to the SVG WG Mercurial site.[3]

That is really awesome! We planned to port the test once we have enough tests as well.

I would not upload the tests at this point of time. We still make some changes to the spec, that influence the tests as well. Please hold on on uploading the converted tests till we are in LCWD.

>    How can these files be included in the test framework that is accessed
> from the Editor's draft? Two things would be desirable:
>
> 1. To be able to tag a browser as passing/failing for a stand-alone SVG
> in the same way that is done with the HTML/XHTML versions.
>
> 2. The ability to include results from non-browsers. This is important
> for SVG. Four out of the eight SVG renderers used for the SVG 1.1 second
> edition Implementation Report are not web browsers.[4]
>
>    It appears that the SVG specific tests don't actually test the use of
> CSS but include the transforms as presentation attributes. Is there a
> plan to include testing as CSS styling properties?

That are really good questions. I talked with Peter about that this morning and he needs more help from the maintainer of the SVG test suite. So the SVG wg should reach out to Peter directly.

Greetings
Dirk