Re: Dropping angle-bracket syntax for animation

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:
> On 28/07/11 5:39 PM, Brian Birtles wrote:
>> 1) SVG viewers aren't currently required to support CSS.[1] It seems
>> unreasonable to me to require CSS support in order to support
>> animation.
>>
>> (There are SVG viewers in shipping products that don't support CSS so
>> this is not a theoretical argument.)
>
> I think at this point, we should be mandating CSS support for SVG viewers
> anyway.

More directly, I think that with browsers support for SVG finally
becoming usable, we're entering a period where browsers will become,
by far, the most common consumers of SVG, just as browsers are the
most common consumers of HTML and every format that HTML typically