Re: Agenda 14 March 2011 public-fx telcon

On Monday, March 14, 2011, 1:03:21 AM, Cameron wrote:

CM> Hi Erik,

CM> Erik Dahlstrom:
>>   time: March 14, 2011, 21.00 UTC
>>   phone bridge: +1 617-761-6200 (Zakim)
>>   passcode: FXTF (3983)
>>   irc channel: #fx on irc.w3.org:6665

CM> Due to DST changes in the US, Zakim seems to be expecting us to call in
CM> at 20:00 UTC instead:

CM> http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html#D20110314

CM> Can you confirm the time we’ll be calling in at?

Yes, the conference bridge is in the US and the call is scheduled in local time, not UTC. It thus follows US time changes

That means the call is at the regular time for folks in the US, (1pm Pacific, 4pm Eastern) but 9pm, an hour earlier in Europe (which changes to summer time in two weeks from now).

So the call is 7am Tuesday for folks in Sydney and 9am Tuesday for folk in Auckland.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG