Re: Some filter effects specification review comments

From: Vincent Hardy <vhardy@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 06:34:55 -0700
To: "robert@ocallahan.org" <robert@ocallahan.org>
CC: Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com>, "public-fx@w3.org" <public-fx@w3.org>
Hi Rob,

On 6/20/11 2:09 PM, "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

>Do you have any specific use-cases in mind where hit-testing would need
>to be modified for the effects of a complex filter?

An extreme case would be a filter that totally wipes out rendering
(feFlood for example). Another one would be feGaussianBlur where it is not
clear (so to speak) what the actual hit would be if we do not do anything
about it. feOffset is another one that could get really confusing because
of how close the rendering is to what it was before filtering.

Vincent