Re: Some filter effects specification review comments

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 1:34 AM, Vincent Hardy <vhardy@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 6/20/11 2:09 PM, "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
>
> >Do you have any specific use-cases in mind where hit-testing would need
> >to be modified for the effects of a complex filter?
>

> An extreme case would be a filter that totally wipes out rendering
> (feFlood for example). Another one would be feGaussianBlur where it is not
> clear (so to speak) what the actual hit would be if we do not do anything
> about it. feOffset is another one that could get really confusing because
> of how close the rendering is to what it was before filtering.

Those aren't really use-cases yet. What are situations where authors would
be using filters like that and expecting hit-test correction to happen?

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in
us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our