Filters spec: CSS vs SVG

From: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 11:30:05 -0700
To: public-fx@w3.org
All,

in yesterday's meeting is sounded that the CSS Filter spec is going to
affect the regular (non-CSS) SVG filter spec as well.
Did I understand this correctly?

If so and we remove/change filters or features from the filters proposal, is
someone going to update the SVG filters?

I was under the impression that we were going to leave SVG filters (and
compositing) alone and define a new simpler proposal that would only apply
to CSS styled HTML and SVG content.

Rik