Re: Updated filters specification

From: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 11:11:28 -0700
To: robert@ocallahan.org
Cc: Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com>, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com>, Dirk Schulze <vbs85@gmx.de>, public-fx@w3.org, Anthony Grasso <anthony.grasso@cisra.canon.com.au>
Hi Robert,

can you show me an example where this is used?
As was stated before in this thread, the effect of 'enable-background' could
be emulated by just rearranging the content.

"filtering" 2 images together really sounds like blending to me and as such
should go into the blending spec. If that spec is not able to produce this
effect (and you believe that this is a required feature) then the future CSS
compositing specification should address it.

Rik