Re: Agenda 3 April 2011 FXTF (Note the time)

Unfortunately I cannot attend this time on Mondays (until my summer time resumes). Double unfortunately, I have some input on the items below.

I believe Simon will be on the call to represent Apple.

On 29/03/2011, at 12:42 AM, Erik Dahlstrom wrote:

>  time: April 4, 2011, 20.00 UTC (see localtimes below[1])
>  phone bridge: +1 617-761-6200 (Zakim)
>  passcode: FXTF (3983)
>  irc channel: #fx on irc.w3.org:6665
>

> Agenda:
>
> * SVG/CSS 2d transforms - 'transform-origin'
>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-fx/2011JanMar/0158.html
>
> * CSS Animation synchronization
>  http://www.w3.org/mid/C9B60BA3.4F73%25pbakaus@zynga.com

On this topic, I'd suggest that we don't always attempt to solve things in markup. Obviously if we *can* solve things in markup it's great, but if it means confusing syntax then I'd prefer to avoid it. My eventual dream with animation is that we come up with a general model that could do all these cool things we want - and then SMIL + CSS + JS are just ways to expose that model, each with a particular sweet spot.

> * Filter Effects status update

I promise to get a draft out this week. I don't think there is anything too controversial - much of the discussion on the list has been about minor issues, and nearly everyone agrees on the direction. We simply need a specification to talk about!

You might want to discuss the topic of whether or not we need the complete range of inputs for CSS filters. I think there is general agreement that the first pass does not require this feature, and a slight consensus of people suggesting the entire feature be left for SVG/XML filters completely.

Dean