Re: Summary of animation discussion

From: Paul Bakaus <paul.bakaus@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 13:49:49 +0100
To: Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com>
Cc: public-fx@w3.org
Hi Dean,

this sounds awesome, I'm excited!

Regarding step timing: while out of the animation scope, I would recommend
introducing a global way to pause and control redrawing and reflowing. This
would give you total control, not only on animations but everything render.
IE had this for a while in some way (yep!), and it is fairly useful:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms534707(v=VS.85).aspx(updateInterval).

---------
http://paulbakaus.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulbakaus