Summary of animation discussion

From: Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 22:36:57 +1100
To: public-fx@w3.org
Here's a very brief summary of the discussion about animations at the meeting today:

We are going to try to describe a single model for animation for Web content. The model will merge SVGA and CSS Animations functionality as much as possible.

The model can then be represented by two syntaxes - SVGA and CSS.

We'll also try to define an API for the model, exposed to JavaScript. This will allow things such as:

- querying the current animation state of an element
- starting/stopping/pausing animations (scrubbing wasn't mentioned, but is important)
- creating an animation and applying it to an element
- possibly a way to define animation step timing to a document, similar to Mozilla's requestAnimationFrame