W3C Forms teleconference November 9, 2011

* Present

Steven Pemberton, CWI (chair)
Alain Couthures, AgenceXML
Nick van den Bleeken, Inventive Designers
Leigh Klotz, Xerox (minutes)

* Agenda




Leigh Klotz: I'm not attending these at the moment. There hasn't been much need, in my opinion, and circumstances have made it more difficult for me.
Steven Pemberton: HCG has twenty members, but four or five turn up. Not much coordination is going on.
Leigh Klotz: If the group feels the we need to have a presence, I will attend, but I don't see the need.
Steven Pemberton: OK.

* XML Prague F2F


Alain Couthures: Yes! I've contacted Mohamed Zergaoui.
Nick van: Did he reply?
Alain Couthures: He's asking whether we would need a room. For how many people? Externals?
Steven Pemberton: A half dozen, at best.
Alain Couthures: What about non-members in XForms community?
Steven Pemberton: It would be good to do some outreach. It would be nice to see if we can get others to join.
Alain Couthures: betterForm?
Steven Pemberton: Actually not a bad idea for some outreach.
Alain Couthures: When?
Steven Pemberton: One side or another of the conference. We can be flexible.
Alain Couthures: Will there be an annoucement from organizers?
Nick van: The pre-conference day has other meetings, on the February 9th.
Alain Couthures: Yes, on Friday, they have received different requests already.
Alain Couthures: eXist-db will have its own preconference on Friday.
Steven Pemberton: If we want to attend other Friday events we should try Wednesday-Thursday.
Alain Couthures: No problem for rooms with the university.
Steven Pemberton: So Wednesday-Thursday for the meeting and Friday for the community?
Nick van: Fine
Alain Couthures: OK
Steven Pemberton: Let's pencil that in.
Steven Pemberton: Weds Thurs for XForms, then we have the Friday for community meetings

Resolution 2011-11-9.1: We plan Febuary 9-10, 2012 (Wed-Thu) for XForms F2F prior to XML Prague, and then Febuary 10, 2012 (Fri) for community meeting.

Steven Pemberton: We should plan on the mailing list what to do for the community meeting.

* Amsterdam Editorial Meeting

Leigh Klotz: It would be good to plan dates.
Steven Pemberton: We've booked it.
Nick van: December 1-2, 2011.

* Second Life of XForms


Leigh Klotz: Marc van Neerven from Seneca sent this to our list.
Steven Pemberton: I'll try to meet with someone from Seneca.
Leigh Klotz: Steve Cameron answered.
Alain Couthures: Yes I worked for him with XSLTForms

* XForms PI

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Nov/0016.html http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Forms-pi

Steven Pemberton: I converted the most recent version of Mikko Honkala's XForms PI into Wiki spec markup. It is for Alain to further work on. It still needs a little cleanup.
Steven Pemberton: I did find some discussion. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2004OctDec/0030 The XML CG didn't think XForms wasn't a styleesheet. XSLT is a Turing-complete stylesheet as well, but it doesn't bother me that much.
Leigh Klotz: Nobody has written an XForms Sudokuo solver yet. http://andrewjwelch.com/code/xslt/sudoku/sudoku-solver.html
Steven Pemberton: I sketched one out...perhaps I should finish it. You can do some with XForms constraints, but the backtracking ones you can't do in XForms.

* @iterate

Leigh Klotz: Erik Bruchez has the action to write up @iterate. John's concerns are I think a red herring, as they cut across all actions whose context is deleted, and aren't solely related to @iterate. Alain has now implemented it in XSLTFOrms, and I'm writing a test case. But where do I put it? The chapter numbers have changed.
Steven Pemberton: In the wiki?
Leigh Klotz: As long as we can extract them.
Nick van: exf:iterateAttribute: http://www.exforms.org/all.html#id4497768
Alain Couthures: We also need a zip version of the test suite
Steven Pemberton: Can the wiki code extract the test cases?
Nick van: It's a python script.
Leigh Klotz: Where is it?
Nick van: I will search for it. But it's nice to write tests in an XML editor.
Leigh Klotz: OK, I'll just mail the test in for now.
Steven Pemberton: As we have no team contact, it's hard to store in some parts of the space.
Leigh Klotz: We need to use something where we can all update it easily, for example when changing @nodeset to @ref.
Leigh Klotz: I don't see any Python files in MarkUp/Forms.
Nick van: It's in Markup/Forms/specs/WikiTools
Leigh Klotz: I don't see wikitools there and I just updated.
Nick van: I see it in the browser. http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/WikiTools/Revdoc/biblio.py
Steven Pemberton: I've asked for more access for this tree.

Nick van: For the test suite, we're just going to add the new tests for now and copy in the latest XForms 1.1 test suite?
Leigh Klotz: I think we should handle the deprecations and changes, for example to eliminate the tests for @nodeset and change to @ref.
Steven Pemberton: And I have an action to re-number them.

Steven Pemberton: And Leigh, you're writing up the tests.
Leigh Klotz: And Erik is doing the spec.
Nick van: The exforms test has delete with @iterate.

* XForms 1.1 xforms-select event

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2011Oct/0001.html http://wiki.orbeon.com/forms/doc/developer-guide/xbl-components/dialog-select

Leigh Klotz: Orbeon has a special-purpose control for this; is it just appearance or are there semantics not properly captured by our form controls.
Steven Pemberton: So we do need Erik.

* IRC Minutes


* Meeting Ends