Custom XPath functions in XForms

From: Nick Van den Bleeken <Nick.Van.den.Bleeken@inventivegroup.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 14:10:05 +0000
To: Public Forms <public-forms@w3.org>
Could we put custom XPath functions back on the agenda?

There is a proposal here
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Custom_XPath_functions

I hope that we can come to an consensus on this feature, if so I would be glad to add it to the XForms specification.

The current proposal only allows you to create side-efect-free functions, what is a good thing I think. I know that some people want something like custom actions, but if we implement  Custom event context [1] you can do this by writing a handler and provide the parameters as custom event context.

Kind regards,

Nick Van den Bleeken
R&D Manager

Phone: +32 3 821 01 70