Re: Feedback on XForms 1.1 RNG schema

From: Leigh L. Klotz, Jr. <Leigh.Klotz@xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:33:52 -0700
To: public-forms@w3.org
Cc: ebruchez@orbeon.com
Erik,

In re http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Jan/0037.html

>1. xforms.model.attrib
>
>This references xforms.Events.attrib. I am not sure why this is the
>case, since xforms:model is not an event handler.

xforms.Events.attrib is a placeholder to allow the host language to add
ev:* attributes.  Since xf:model can be the target of events, it makes
sense to allow ev:* attributes there.

Here is the definition:

    xforms.Events.attrib =
      # host language to add XML Events attributes here
      empty

On the other hand, foreign attributes are allowed on all of our elements,
so in practice this empty group serves only as documentation.

Leigh.