RE: [dialog element] need another name for "visible" attribute

Hi Mark,

I'm a bit concerned with using the attribute appearance for something more as a rendering hint. Correct my if I'm wrong, but is appearance until now not just a hint to the user agent about how the control could be rendered. I.e. it doesn't drives the availability of a UI control, for your case a 'splashpage' it probably doesn't matter if the dialog isn't showed at all. In the case we were talking about on the phone, a modeless dialog that needs be shown at startup, it probably would matter if the dialog is shown or not, so ignoring the appearance attribute may make a form unusable.

Here is a link to what we currently have http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Dialog

Regards,

Nick Van den Bleeken
R&D Manager