Re: Deprecating DOMFocusIn/DOMFocusOut

On Jul 23, 2009, at 4:30 AM, Doug Schepers wrote:

> Hi, Anne-
>
> Anne van Kesteren wrote (on 7/23/09 6:42 AM):
>> On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 12:30:38 +0200, Doug Schepers<schepers@w3.org>
>> wrote:

>>> Your employer expressed a different opinion on yesterday's telcon,
>>> as have many other people.
>>
>> Charles and I indeed do not always agree. I'm sure the same happens
>> in other companies.
>
> Yes, but when I get conflicting messages from you and Chaals, I'm
> going to pick the one who has more authority to make decisions (in
> particular, implementation decisions) at Opera.  That seems to be
> Chaals.

I'm uncomfortable with this line of reasoning.

I don't think it's your place to make assumptions about Opera's
internal process. If Opera wants to take an official position as a
company, they can do so. What we can observe from their public actions
is: they have chosen to nominate multiple representatives to this
working group who don't always agree. The obvious conclusion would be
that they find value in different points of view being expressed.
Thus, we should evaluate the positions of different representatives on
the merits unless Opera chooses to take an official corporate stance.

Or to put it another way, if Chaals wants to tell Anne to STFU and get
with the program, that is his job, not yours.

Regards,
Maciej