Re: Proposed items for next agenda

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply, I wasn't sure  that everyone agreed on #2 with
adding the MIP attributes to the UI controls, but if no negative responses
follow I will finalize the wiki page. For item #4 I hope I can get to it
before the ftf (if we get a resolution on items #1 and #3 I would like to
tackle them first).

Do you think if I should already incorporate the text in the real spec to
get the context (so we can create a diff marked spec). If so from which
source bundle do I start?

Regards,

Nick Van den Bleeken  -  Research & Development Manager
Inventive Designers
Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
Email: Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivegroup.com

public-forms-request@w3.org wrote on 05/14/2008 01:15:18 AM:

> Hi Nick,
>
> I've put stars on items 1 and 3, and I'm reasonably optimistic we'll
> get to them on tomorrow's call.
>
> For #4, I had thought we agree to do add variables using the name
> attribute on bind.  This would mean that the streamlined syntax
> would imply binds that also had name attributes on them.  I think
> the action item is on me to start pulling this stuff together, but
> I'm happy to let you take the first run at it, if you'd like.  It
> would really help me if you did...
>
> For #2, I had thought we agree that for XForms 1.2 the MIP
> attributes on UI controls implied binds, not properties of the UI
> controls, and that we would send to XForms 2.0 the notion of doing a
> better job on attributes for the UI controls.  For this reason, I
> didn't put it on the agenda, but let me know if this is incorrect.
>
> Thanks,
> John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
> Senior Technical Staff Member
> Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher
> Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
> Workplace, Portal and Collaboration Software
> IBM Victoria Software Lab
> E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com
>
> Blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/JohnBoyer
> Blog RSS feed: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/rss/
> JohnBoyer?flavor=rssdw
>

> Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivegroup.com
> 05/13/2008 08:15 AM

> XForms <public-forms@w3c.org>
>
> cc
>
> John Boyer/CanWest/IBM@IBMCA
>
> Subject
>
> Proposed items for next agenda
>

> John,
>
> Is it possible that we have quick overview on the following items to
> see if a sort of consensus is reasonable, if so I can write some
> spec text. Because I would like to have some spec text ready before
> the Amsterdam FtF.
>
> items:
> - Specifying initial value
> - Add model item properties to UI level
> - Implied submission with form tag and/or with submit(Allow
> submission elements without model element )
> - (name attr on bind as way to create variables)?
>
> Regards,
>
> Nick Van den Bleeken  -  Research & Development Manager
> Inventive Designers
> Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
> Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
> Email: Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivegroup.com
> Inventive Designers' Email Disclaimer: http://
> www.inventivedesigners.com/email-disclaimer
>
> --
> dangerous content, and is believed to be clean.
> --
>
> --
> dangerous content, and is believed to be clean.
> --
Inventive Designers' Email Disclaimer:   http://www.inventivedesigners.com/email-disclaimer =
believed to be clean.