Report XForms meeting 7 MAY 2008

From: <Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivegroup.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 18:07:32 +0200
To: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: XForms <public-forms@w3c.org>
Hi John,

We finished the call a bit earlier then normal, but we were a bit short on
participants (only Charlie, Nick_van_den_Bleeken, wellsk, Rafael  where
present)...

We weren't able to tackle the following items:

* Submission Validation issue : We thought the extra event context info
with the value that isn't valid is easy, but didn't know how to solve the
CSS problem

* Dynamic dependencies : We think that a further look to the dependency
engine is required, but there were no candidates

I will reply to the recursive tree display message

We resolved to add a wrapper element called form (with action and method
attributes), Charlie and I just thought of the element just implying a
model and not being a model, to enable us to move nested models
requirement to XForms 2.0 (the events will capture and bubble to the
implicit model which is a child of the form element.

I will look-up the spec ready text related to 'Implied submission with
form tag and/or with submit' and will add some text for the implied
submission created by the action and method attribute on the form element.

Regards,

Nick Van den Bleeken  -  Research & Development Manager
Inventive Designers
Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
Email: Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivegroup.com