From: public-forms-request@w3.org [mailto:public-forms-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Erik Bruchez
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 3:03 PM
To: public-forms (new)
Subject: XForms 1.1: xforms:submission/@mediatype issue

All,

I notice that the definition of the @mediatype attribute talks about
*XML serialization* only. I suppose that the current working is not
intentional. It seems to me that this restriction is undesirable and
that this attribute should work with other serializations.

The clear rationale is that @method implies a default serialization;
@serialization implies a default mediatype; and @mediatype can be used
to override that. It does not seem that this should be restricted to XML
serializations.

Practically, in our implementation, we have something like:

   final String actualRequestMediatype = (mediatypeAttribute ==
null) ? defaultMediatypeForSerialization : mediatypeAttribute;

http://www.orbeon.com/