From: dev-tech-xforms-bounces@lists.mozilla.org
[mailto:dev-tech-xforms-bounces@lists.mozilla.org] On Behalf Of trisk3ll
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 1:20 PM
To: dev-tech-xforms@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Any way to PUT binary data using xforms upload?

Hi,
     I'm trying to write an xform thats PUTs files up to a WebDAV
server.. I thought this was an obvious use case but its seems not to
be possible?

My submission looks like..
<xforms:submission id="upload" method="put"

action="http://host/webdav/folder/file.txt" indent="true"
instance="upload-data"
				includenamespaceprefixes="#default"
mediatype="application/octet-
stream">
</xforms:submission>

When I use anyURI..
<xforms:bind id="file" type="xsd:anyURI" nodeset="instance('upload-
data')/file" required="0"/>

I get this being saved into the DAV server. Which is obviously
useless.
<root xmlns=""><file>file:///D:/profiles/drand/Desktop/
act500022006_en.rtf</file></root>

And when I change the type to xs:base64Binary I get and equally
unghelpful file on the dav server.
<root
xmlns=""><file>e1xydGYxXGFuc2lcYW5zaWNwZzEyNTJcZGVmZjBcZGVmbGFuZzEwMz==<
/
file></root>

Please tell me I'm missing something obvious????

Regards,
Damon.