Re: Question about ValueTemplate in Schema

John,

Your change looks good for me, as I mentioned before I started working on
the schema, I had no experience in writing schema, so that is why I used
mixed="true" instead of your solution.
I defined the type because a ValueTemplate is used more the once, and I
didn't want to repeat the construct so if changes were needed to the
definition we could change it at one place.

Regards,

Nick Van den Bleeken  -  Research & Development
Inventive Designers
Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
Email: Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivegroup.com

John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com> wrote on 10/25/2007 03:29:58 AM:

> Hi Nick,
>
> I don't understand why you defined ValueTemplate thus:
>
>         <xsd:complexType name="ValueTemplate" mixed="true">
>                 <xsd:attribute name="value" type="xforms:
> XPathExpression" use="optional"/>
>         </xsd:complexType>
>
> I understand why you defined it (so you wouldn't have to write the
> same stuff over again), but this particular definition seems to
> allow the content of toggle/case, setfocus/control, load/resource,
> submission/resource to be other than character data.
>
> mixed seems to allow a mixture of characters and elements, whereas
> we want the content of these elements to be use when there is no
> value attribute.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to define it more like it is defined for the
> setvalue action, e.g. this:
>
>                 <xsd:complexType name="ValueTemplate">
>                         <xsd:simpleContent>
>                                 <xsd:extension base="xsd:string">
>                                         <xsd:attribute name="value"
> type="xforms:XPathExpression" use="optional"/>
>                                 </xsd:extension>
>                         </xsd:simpleContent>
>                 </xsd:complexType>
>
> I'm going to risk it and make the change to this latter form now,
> but please tell me whether or not this is a good idea...
>
> Thank you,
> John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
> STSM: Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher
> Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
> Workplace, Portal and Collaboration Software
> IBM Victoria Software Lab
> E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com
>
> Blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/JohnBoyer

Inventive Designers' Email Disclaimer: