Re: Discussion needed on submission verb (method)

From: Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 19:48:49 +0200
To: public-forms@w3.org

John & all,

 > We have now accepted the kind of defaulting needed on validate and
 > relevant (e.g. they default to whatever serialize says).  So I think
 > we can dump verb, use method, and add a serialization attribute
 > instead.

I remember this was discussed at the Venice f2f and I would be happy
if we got back to that solution!

 > In fact, I think we could dump 'serialize' and instead have
 > serialization="" mean don't serialize.

Hum, I don't necessarily disagree about using a single attribute,
however I would disagree about using an attribute with an empty value,
as there is no serious precedent for this practice as far as I know. I
would rather have a value, such as serialization="none".