Re: Proposal to develop best practice document to focus work of W3C FSW Community Group

On 10 May 2013 15:10, Darrell Prince` <prince.darrell@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1.Ideally the wiki and the best practice document would literally be the
> same thing; the current copy of the best practices document could be
> collated from various wiki sections- preferably automatically.
>
> 2.Having intervals at which wiki sections are checked for like a quarterly
> review, would keep them from getting out of date.
>
> 3. Maybe we should have everyone look at wikipedia's best practices then
> work/discuss?

I think as with most community wikis that its not as active as it used to
be.  I think FSW has had only about a dozen since 2011.  If anyone was to
volunteer time to maintain it, that'd be great.

> 4. A story or blog post written by Tim about the future of the web,
> federated social's role in it, circulated to major tech desks, always
> looking for fresh content, with a website link, would bring in tons of help.
>
> thoughts?

Tim is quite busy (as usual) last I spoke to him he was about to give the
linked data ventures course at MIT.

I think Tim, both with his hacker and W3C hats on, is keen on reusing web
standards (particularly linked data) for the social web.  Or to incubate
things that can evolve to standards track.  I believe he has a desire to
see the web (via HTTP) used to host a user profile, and use that as part of
a social experience (in a similar way to facebook but not centralized on
any one domain).

I think if the orientation was to help reuse existing standards based
around HTTP it's something he could get behind and promote to a wider
audience.