Re: Finding user profiles on a Social Net

I really don't think this matters: each federated social network will have
a different use case.

Webfinger works well when you control the entire stack / have everything
running on one box.

In our experience, customers installing buddycloud instances have a
marketing firm looking after their "shop-window"/example.com website and a
dev-ops team installing buddycloud software. The dev-ops wouldn't want the
outside webfirm touching their DNS and the webfirm wouldn't want to be
minding to not touch a .hosts-meta on the hosting platform.

So in buddycloud's case DNS makes more sense. There's no right way or wrong
way: just use what works for your own project and document it well.

S.

--
Simon Tennant | buddycloud.com | +49 17 8545 0880 | office hours:
goo.gl/tQgxP