Re: Federation protocols

When I say I want to own my own data; I mean at a minimum I want every
piece of content uploaded to a service to be by default, used only with my
permission, seen only by people I choose to show it to, including the
federal govt, and in the case of that last, getting notification relatively
timely. having an option to lease something out for a time, a temporary
license seems an appropriate use case.  Having an idea of how many people
have my information might be nice.
 I see what you mean about it being somewhat record company like-owning
copies and replicating.. it annoys me with ITunes for sure... but, as a
content creator... it is also tough.