Re: Let's blow some new life into this community group

We need XMPP server implemented in JavaScript. So it can run client or server side with node.js.

I think every single part of the stack should be JS. With a dynamic layer that can seamlessly run code either client or server.

That is my ideal solution for the freedom box, BTW.

A pure JS only stack can run on very cheap hardware. Add more languages and you raise the price.

--
Jan H Wildeboer                |
EMEA Open Source Affairs       | Office: +49 (0)89 205071-207

Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH,
Technopark II, Haus C, Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 11 -15
85630 Grasbrunn, Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 153243
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Mark Hegarty, Charlie Peters, Michael Cunningham,
Charles Cachera