W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-expath@w3.org > November 2018

Re: Updating xqDoc to current XQuery versions 1.0-ml and 3.1

From: Loren Cahlander <loren.cahlander@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 12:56:37 -0500
Message-Id: <75298407-0CA1-4D67-A7C6-566B8A53554A@gmail.com>
Cc: Loren Cahlander <loren.cahlander@gmail.com>
To: talk@x-query.com, Darin McBeath <d.mcbeath@elsevier.com>, Darin McBeath <ddmcbeath@yahoo.com>, EXPath <public-expath@w3.org>, EXPath <expath@googlegroups.com>
I have updated the xqDoc Antlr grammar to version 4 for XQuery.

I am sure that I probably missed something.  I would appreciate some peer review of my code and any suggestions that any of you might have.

https://github.com/lcahlander/xqdoc <https://github.com/lcahlander/xqdoc>



> On Jan 11, 2018, at 2:06 PM, Loren Cahlander <loren.cahlander@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> I had previously been working on the xqDoc ANTLR and Java code to handle the changes to the XQuery language.  The codebase that I downloaded included the invoked functions and the referred to variables.
> 
> I have added annotations as well as some of the XQuery 3.1 additions into the antler file https://github.com/lcahlander/xqDoc/blob/master/src/org/xqdoc/xquery/parser/jul2017/XQuery.g <https://github.com/lcahlander/xqDoc/blob/master/src/org/xqdoc/xquery/parser/jul2017/XQuery.g>
> 
> It requires the antlr-2.7.5 jar file.
> 
> I have checked in the code at https://github.com/lcahlander/xqDoc <https://github.com/lcahlander/xqDoc>
> 
> It would be good to have test case XQuery files to run the parser against so that it handles all of the enhancements to the language.
> 
> I think that it needs to become an EXPath module.
> 
> I would like feedback from folks.
> 



Received on Wednesday, 21 November 2018 17:57:02 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 21 November 2018 17:57:03 UTC